Hey-o. Contrary to popular belief, my name isn’t Frank. It’s Renee.
“Frank Sheepfoot” and “Frankasaurus” came from a joke with a friend. When I say “Frank,” I’m just referring to the blog and its dinosaur alter ego. Because why not.
As this is my personal blog and shouldn’t in any way be considered a representation of my professional attitudes and abilities, you’re probably here because you actually know me. If you’ve stumbled upon Frankasaurus by accident, however, let me tell you a little about it (and me).
This blog began in January 2010 as a writing project. I merely wanted a space to write just for the sake of writing so that I could stay in practice. I’m a firm believer that we read and write to make sense of the world around us, and that’s what I’ve done here. Over the years, I’ve explored a variety of topics from why Taylor Swift lyrics are awful to the different ways friendships and dynamics change as we get older. I’ve reviewed books (using an actual sock puppet and also without it). I’ve reviewed music. I’ve written my way through a terribly long and depressing period of unemployment, through a total career change, and into a job that I love.
Since no one has written a song about my life yet so that I might just quote the lyrics when it becomes necessary to write about myself, here are some random facts and annoying humblebrags:
1. My dream duet would be Butch Walker and Sara Bareilles because they are my favorites.
2. I enjoy things that are funny and have a great appreciation for people with senses of humor.
3. I have a scar on my leg from falling off a ski lift from 6 feet in the air in 1993. I haven’t skied since, but I did play softball for 11 years until I graduated high school, and I took up jogging very slowly in 2013.
4. Making new friends is great. Keeping them is even better. I’ve always been proud of the effort I put into maintaining my friendships over the years. I’m also fiercely loyal and protective of the people and things I care about.
5. I am related to someone who once won the lottery. I throw up if I wear buttons. My favorite color is brown. One of those things is a lie.
6. My favorite song is “Just Like Heaven” by The Cure.
7. Knitting is relaxing, but occasionally stressful when it comes to trying to finish a project by a deadline. Like most things I do, I’m very slow.
8. I’m a Rotarian.
9. My imagination is roughly the size of a dinosaur.
10. I consider myself to be a good judge of character. It fails every once in a while, but my instinct about people is not generally far off from how they eventually show themselves to be.
Anyway, there’s no solid theme here, but I just write about whatever particular topic or idea I want to explore at the time. That is Frankasaurus.